Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
- Data controller: J. Vreeswijk, The Lonville Watch Company SA, Lugano, Switzerland. You can address your data questions via email@example.com
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you have bought one of our watches or have joined a Lonville event
- When the Lonville team or Lonville representatives have received your business card or personal information during a roadshow, event or watch show with an agreed purpose to update you about Lonville products and news
- Information we collect: Name, contact details, payment information e.g. your credit or debit card details, IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), company name or business name (if applicable) and VAT number (if applicable)
- How we use your information: For administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website), to improve our business, products and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: No.
- Do we sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event): No.
- How long we retain your information: For no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business). For specific retention periods in relation to certain information which we collect from you, please see the main section below entitled How long we retain your information.
- How we secure your information: Using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, only granting access to your information where necessary
- Use of Social media plug-ins: Functions from various third-party providers of social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+) are integrated into our website. Plug-ins enable users to share content on social networks.
If a plug-in is displayed when browsing our website (e.g. Facebook’s “Like” button), a connection with the relevant third-party provider’s servers is automatically established. This means that data on customers’ and users’ visit to the website can be transmitted to these third-party providers. If the customer or user is also registered with this third-party provider’s network, the visit to the website may also be assigned to their network account (e.g. Facebook account). Lonville has no control over the method of this type of data transmission.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the subsequent processing and use of the data by the relevant social media providers as well as the related rights and configuration options for privacy protection can be found in the privacy notices of the relevant third-party providers.
- Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area: In certain circumstances we may transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area, including to the following countries: United States of America. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, the third parties we use who transfer your information outside the European Economic Area have self-certified themselves as compliant with the EUU.S. Privacy Shield.
- Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us
- Payment for eventual orders from our website: In order to process your payment for our goods or services we use a third party payment processors, including PayPal, Pay360, Sage and WorldPay. Your payment maybe be processed by either provider depending on your choice of payment method. In most cases we provide you with our banking information to settle payments. In those cases your date will be visible through our banking partner Credit Suisse. Each of these providers publishes their privacy policies on-line
Your rights in relation to your information
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information, which you can exercise by writing to The Lonville Watch Company SA, Via Muzzano 13b, Sorengo, 6924 Switzerland. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information;
- to request the correction or deletion of your information;
- to request that we restrict our useof your information;
- to receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. a CSV file) and the right to have that information transferred to another data controller (including a third party data controller);
- to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes (for further information, see the section below entitled Your right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes); and
- to withdraw your consent to our use of your informationat any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling which produces legal affects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
In accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The above rights are provided in summary form only and certain limitations apply to many of these rights. You can find out further information about your rights, as well as information on any limitations which apply to those rights, by reading the underlying legislation contained in Articles 12 to 22 and 34 of the General Data Protection Regulation, which is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights_en
Verifying your identity where you request access to your information
Where you request access to your information, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures are designed to protect your information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, identity theft or general unauthorised access to your information.
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying regulations protect the privacy of children using the internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under the age of 18. The website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
It is possible that we could receive information pertaining to persons under the age of 18 by the fraud or deception of a third party. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will, where required by law to do so, immediately obtain the appropriate parental consent to use that information or, if we are unable to obtain such parental consent, we will delete the information from our servers. If you would like to notify us of our receipt of information about persons under the age of 18, please do so by sending an email to email@example.com
What are cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third party cookies
These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the website.
Our analytical cookies include:
- Google analytics: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for advertising purposes in order to show customized messages that best fit users interests.
Our remarketing cookies include: